If you’ve been paying attention to the news recently you would have heard about the dangers of putting your cell phone up to your ear, in your pocket or in your bra.
In Canada, the amount of radiation is significant that the Canadian government believes there should be a warning on the packages of cell phone to warn Canadians, well, not to use them as phones…
How Much Poison Is Acceptable in Our Technology?
via Ash Huang: How Much Poison Is Acceptable in Our Technology? — Design.blog
As a result of a successful thursday thirteen last week on inventions of the 80’s we jump forward a decade to the 90’s for a look at the 13 best things to come out of that decade.
So put on your grunge clothing and sit tight.
1. 1990 – The World Wide Web and Internet protocol (HTTP) and WWW language (HTML) created by Tim Berners-Lee.
2. 1992 – First text message sent, “Merry Christmas”.
3. 1993 – The Pentium processor invented.
4. 1995 – The Java computer language invented.
5. 1995 – DVD’s invented… Finally sold shares in VHS and Beta.
6. 1998 – Viagra invented. No stiff competition there, eh?
7. 1996 – Scientists in Scotland cloned a sheep – called her Dolly. Still waiting for dinosaurs.
8. 1999 – Napster invented and radically changed the file-sharing industry forever.
9. 1996 – USB’s introduced
10. 1997 – Wifi standard released. Now, it’s everywhere.
11. 1996 – Tamagotchi’s
12. 1990’s grunge music – Pearl Jam, lice in Chains, Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden
13. Stone Temple Pilots – 1992 “Core”. 1994 “Purple”. 1996, “Tiny music….Songs From The Vatican Giftshop”. 1999 “No. 4”
Other things the 90’s are “famous” for;
Baseball caps being worn everywhere
What about the 90’s means the most to you?
I’m stuck and need your help.
I need a underachieving technology to perform a MBA study on.
Know of one?
Or maybe you know of a product you have heard about, or used, that just didn’t seem to fit? Have your thoughts and opinions heard, then studied.
My MBA project team, needs to find such a product and with the assistance of the owner of this / these product(s) we will perform a complete evaluation of it and offer any recommendations to the company to help the technology hopefully with a new life. All this is under the guidence of our professor who was a member of the marketin team that brought Tic Tac’s to Canada.
Please reply ASAP!!