Thirteen things you probably did not know about this Urban Daddy
1. I have on several occasions walked from King Street or Front Street up to St. Clair or Davisville – takes me just over an hour.
2. I am really not passionate about anything but life and making people happy – which could be a double edged sword. I have been accused of trying to please others before pleasing myself or those close to me, and of not having anything to be passionate about. I used to be passionate about hockey – watching and playing – in my single days, but marriage cured me of that. Besides my family, I cannot think of anything else to really get me going.
3. I get overwhelmed with tasks quite easily – just ask my wife – and as a result, need to do bits and pieces of them until they are resolved. Or, I have to only focus on one at a time. Once that task is completed I can move on to others. I have good intentions – want to do a lot but cannot accomplish all that I set out to do.
4. I have always wondered how to really make a woman happy (me and 10 million men ask the same question) besides all that crap we do on a regular basis like telling them they are beautiful, bringing flowers, remembering special days, and pitching in around the house. All that other corny stuff – picnics, etc… been there, done that… I need to see long-term infatuation or something concrete.
5. I love to garden – I really do. I like to turn the soil with my hands, and really get those plants going, and usually to success, yet I have always wondered how to get brocolli and peppers to grow big (without miracle grow), when I can get tomato stakes that are at least 7 feet tall, and what the hell do I do with green tomatos at the end of the season.
6. My first sports idol that I remember is Pele, the soccer player. I remember as a kid being devestated when the Tampa Bay Rowdies of the old North American Soccer League beat the Toronto Blizzard in a playoff game 1-0. The game was at the old Exhibition Stadium and it was cold. Pele played for the New York Cosmos in that same league.
7. I love to cook. I really do, although I have not cooked in a while since UrbanMummy is a really great cook, but when I have some time I love to just do it. Just yesterday, for example, I made some yummy mashed potatoes for the family, then took the skins, tossed them in spices, a little oil and baked them till crisp. The cajun skins were as good, if not better, than the mashed.
8. I think everyone has a little Obsessive Compulsive in their – my schtick has to do with food. Especially junk food. I have to eat the entire thing in the shortest amount of time possible, otherwise I obsess about it. Drives me crazy. Same with new foods. Have to eat them right away. I need to overcome this before I 300 pounds.
9. I love watching Wrestling. Have since I was under 10 years old. It makes me laugh. I know it’s scripted but it is really funny. One of the few shows that really makes me laugh.
10. I have no idea what people think of me when they first meet me but I think I have an idea. People that know me find me cool and funny, and see past my super sarcasticness. I can go between sarcasm and genuine interest and caring at the drop of a hat. People disinterest me unless they are creative, quick witted and have depth. I can still be nice but it might seem patronizing to some, and it probably is.
11. The absolute greatest day of my life was my wedding day. Second was the birth of my first son, and third is a tie between the birth of our second son and the day I proposed to UrbanMummy (not in one of those super-romantic ways I would have liked) and she said yes. To make up for the crappy proposal, I surprised her and took her to Disney for our first Anniversary.
12. I really do see myself running for politics later in life once I’ve settled the home front and am ready to either retire or am ready for a change. I will also by that time have a unique platform in place that will guarantee victory, and it is based on the fact that each and every one of us are part of the human race. Original, eh?
13. Is my second favourite number, next to #18.