Garlic bread. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
This is a repost of a February 11th, 2007 blog post, and was my 100th post at that time. Now at around 870 I think I continued, eh? LOL.
For nostalgia purposes, here is that very small post.
For those who said I would lose interest, you were W.R.O.N.G. Mind you, now that I have reached this milestone (I’d like to thank my wife and children)… Oh, and this will be the last post ever. LOL. Just kidding!!
Tonight we had our neighbour and her son over for dinner and some play time along with a girl from Linus’ school and her parents. It was really nice! I can get into these kind of playdate / meal options because it allows the kids to play and helps us as parents meet new people.
Plus… With UrbanMummy cooking, I knew it was going to be something special. The pasta she made was yummy, the salad and garlic bread most complimentary. A nice evening was had by all.
Now, I’m just cleaning some dishes, updating my iPod and re-writing my graduate school assignment so I can submit it.
Rest up everyone. I can’t… Yet.
Here is what was going through my head April 2007.
- Former Conservative politician, until she crossed the floor to become a cabinet minister for the Liberal party, Belinda Stronach is not seeking re-election in the next election. HA HA HA. I knew (and probably blogged) that once she became a traitor and left the conservative party, crossing the floor to join the corrupt liberals for a cabinet post, that she would be going nowhere in politics. Clearly I was incorrect. She is going somewhere… out! Bye bye Belinda, you turncoat, and take Tie Domi with you. That former Toronto Maple Leaf pugilist, who was married when you an him hooked up and you deserve each other. Opportunists. Besides, Tie’s segment “Win, Lose and Tie” on TSN is brutal. I turn the channel when it comes on. It’s painful.
- In other thoughts… It looks like rain outside… I don’t have an umbrella.
- I’m really jacked that the Raptors are in the playoffs – but I hate that they are playing Vince Carter and the NJ Nets because I’ll be REALLY upset if we lose to “them”. Ever since “Wince” left the Raptors, I have always wished him to lose or get hurt, flop on the floor like he did in Toronto and please continue to tip off the opposition on plays in NJ like to did in TO.
- I received my grades for my two most recent business graduate school classes… both A’s. Only 4 more classes to go then I’ll have my MBA and can use it to get out of the government. YAY.
- Happy to report that my wife and I have something new in common, besides our kids, marriage, house, etc. I love to garden and she does too. And she is quite good at it too. We have seedlings now sitting in the living room soon to be headed in the garden, of all these funky heirloom fruits and veggies. She picked them, she planted the seeds, we watch them grow. Fun, fun, fun!
- Need sleep… I am painting the basement – kids playroom… It had to happen sooner or later. We bought some red, blue and green paint – bright kids colours and I am painting the entire space they use to play in. Part of the wall is going to be a magnetic chalk board. Wondering how to get the red paint out of the carpet and I dropped the tin and of course it opened on the carpet.. A lot!. It is fire truck red. OY.
- So let’s recap… Baby up at 5am, I leave for work at 7am, get home before 6pm, bathe and book the kids to bed, then after chatting with my wife and taking care of classes, I set out around midnight to paint until 1 or 2am and then do it all again the next night.
- Sleep??? Over-rated. :)
Thirteen Questions I’d like to know about my wife…
I posted this in 2006 and after 2 more children, wonder how the answers will have changed. Only time will tell.
1. Whom are you named after? What was she or he like?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why? What options seemed open or closed to you?
3. What did you do for fun as a teenager? As a young adult?
4. What volunteer or paid work have you done? How has it been important to you?
5. What has been important to you as a daughter? A life partner? A mother? As a friend? As a member of a community?
6. Who have been your role models? What about them do you admire?
7. What words of wisdom did your mother/grandmothers/aunts share with you?
8. Who are your favorite cultural heroines? What appeals to you about them?
9. What world and national events have significantly influenced your life?
10. What in your life has brought or given you the greatest satisfaction or fulfillment? Looking back, what would you have done differently? What would you do again?
11. What achievement in my life would bring you greatest joy?
12. What attribute would you like me to help you develop in yourself?
13. What mutual goal would you like us to accomplish?