Thirteen things I hate… Today…
13. BMW drivers – Think they own the world because they drive a BMW. I was always told that Mercedes drivers represent old money and BMW driver’s new money. So I am coming to the conclusion that new money means having to show people you have money and that equates to buying / leasing a beemer and driving like you don’t give a shit about anyone else on the road. I must honk 2 of them a day for not signaling or cutting people off. Assholes.
12. My office keyboard. Stupid thing got wet (something to do with me spilling water on it) and now when I type capital letters the Ucking thing drops the first letter and capitalizes the next one…
11. Swine flu / H1N1 / influenza panic… Good g-d, people are going to make themselves sick worrying about the damn vaccination.
10. The NY Yankees. They won the world series last night and, well, see my post on them on my sports blog; www.daddyknowssports.wordpress.com.
9. Our former nanny. Left us a couple weeks ago and has been texting me asking for more money – extra money that she thinks she is entitled to, but confusing with vacation pay which she received way more than she was entitled to. She thinks she was given extra pay our of the kindness of our hearts, I told her it was but there aint no more. Now she’s bitching about calling the labour department. I called first and we’re good. She’s a noob. 🙂
8. My Achilles. I finally stretched a lot and went for a run to test it out. Ran for 10 minutes and there was no pain, but it felt really weak, like any sudden movement would cause it to hurt. I hate that. I need to run to stay healthy.
7. My weight. I blame it on Halloween that I am forced to eat those fucking little chocolate bars like they are going out of style. Because they are small does not allow me to eat 10 of them at once, right? OR does it…
6. Fair-weather friends. Either you’re my friend and you want to hang out, or we’re not and that’s fine, but don’t string me along by being phony and they never come out. I can’t waste time on this whole being social thing… After planning a few outings, if it’s not reciprocated, I’m done with you.
5. Jedi vs. Sith on Facebook. I’m fucking addicted! Grrrr. As of last night I was 78th in the world. 14 million players have this application. I have 4100 points (3 points for a win, lose 1 for a loss) and the leader has 40,000.
4. Hulk Hogan signing with TNA wrestling. It’s a shitty promotion that might have potential if they cut the gimmicks and produced a decent show. Crappy writing and even crappier plots make me wonder why this show exists. Besides the fact that I hate the name “TNA” since it is too close to “Tits ‘n’ Ass” but Total Non-stop Action is not the name for a successful wrestling organization. And Hogan… 56 years old. Seriously.
3. My choice of area for trick-or-treating this year. Sucks ass. I expected the $2 million dollar home owners to kick out some kick-ass treats for the kids. But one candy-bar per houses?!? Cheapskates! How disappointing. Not making that mistake again!
2. Guns and Roses. I’m still pissed at them for their simply horrible release this year. I kind of wish they had released a bunch of stuff throughout the past decade so the shit they put on this album might have come out in other releases. There is no good hard rock nowadays and as I listen to a few of their songs on my iPod It makes me even more pissed off. They used to be great. Same for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver. Where is the new Saliva, Disturbed and Rob Zombie?
1. Iran. Saw this news story and it pisses me off, considering Iran claims to be doing nothing wrong. Ever.
The seizure of a massive shipment of Iranian arms bound for terrorist organization Hizbollah, proves the arms flow to Syria and south Lebanon from Iran. The attempt to smuggle arms to Syria and Hizbullah was an Iranian violation of a UN Security Council resolution. Typically, Iran continues to smuggle arms to terrorists under the guise of legitimate international commerce, turning the Mediterranean Sea into a platform for illegal action.
The weapons seizure “unequivocally and without a doubt” proves the Iran-Syria-south Lebanon weapons-trafficking route.
The ship was released overnight Wednesday after 36 weapons-filled containers were unloaded, and the 12 crew members boarded the vessel and made their way back on their planned route.
Hundreds of tons of weaponry, the largest arms seizure in Israel’s history, were intercepted in the daring raid by Israeli naval commandos aboard the cargo ship sailing 100 nautical miles west of Israel.
The arms shipment was 10 times the size of the cache found on the Palestinian arms ship Karine A in 2002, defense officials said.
The different types of arms offloaded from the ship were familiar to Israel as those Hizbullah already possesses in its arsenal, Israel Radio quoted defense officials as saying.
Military sources assessed Teheran would be forced to change its smuggling routes following the Israel Navy’s successful operation.
The cache was hidden inside shipping containers belonging to the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) which departed from the Bandar Abbas Port in Iran some 10 days ago, were unloaded in the Egyptian port of Damietta and then loaded onto the Francop, a German vessel flying an Antiguan flag.
On Wednesday, Israeli PM, Netanyahu addressed the international community concerning Iran’s material support for terrorist organizations by saying, “Iran is sending these weapons to terror organizations to harm Israeli cities and kill its citizens. The time has come for the international community to exert real pressure on Iran to stop this criminal activity and to support Israel when it defends itself against these terrorists and their patrons.”
This is going to be a tough task considering the axis of evil lined up to denounce Israel left, right and centre every time something happens in the middle east.