This week’s Thursday Thirteen is going to be all about Wrestling. With the Royal Rumble just last weekend and TNA Impact undergoing some sort of transformation I thought it might be a good time to air my thoughts and get some feedback from the IWC (Internet Wrestling Community).
So sit back, take your vitamins, say your prayers and don’t make me F5 you!
- Is it TNA or Impact? I watch these shows each and every week and I hope they are able to pull through, but after all these years I still don’t get it. For example, it’s “TNA Genesis”, and the World title belt says “TNA” on it, but the turnbuckles and ring apron say “Impact Wrestling”.
Austin Aries is fantastic! This guy is gold. He reminds me of a young Ric Flair but he needs to stay in TNA. He’s the King there… He is someone who I would pay to see!
I can understand why CM Punk left the WWE. Batista, Brock Lesner, the New (Old) Age Outlaws… Listen to the fans. They detest these guys. They’re boring. They’re old. I don’t want to see them more than once. I don’t want to even see them in a match beating 3MB.
Speaking of 3MB… Is it not time for Drew McIntyre to step up and out of the group. He reminds me of a thinner Barry Windham. I could see them in matches and Drew doing all the work then developing a nasty attitude and taking off on his own. He could be a Paul Heyman guy!
TNA / Impact does a terrible job of character development. I’ll fast forward through Gunner, and even Bobby Roode and James Storm lack charisma. Plus, the Bro Mans??? How did that just sneak out of nowhere…
Still on TNA / Impact – What’s up with the title changes? They come at the worst time. Gail Kim on a roll – destroying everyone in sight, and then back comes Madison Rayne who was a villain last time we saw her, and then boom. Title change.
BroMans? Really? I think the problem here is that I have been having a hard time taking them seriously based on their character development. Then they become champs, and added Zena Ion, and now it seems they are just getting to that point where they look like a tag team.
What’s up with the Daniel Bryan Wyatt thing? The build up was long and obvious, and then it happened and then it unhappened. It doesn’t get mentioned, and now Bryan is back fighting the “Authority” and Bray Wyatt is all over the World title scene. How? Why? I think they need to cover up this mess by having the Wyatt’s add another member coming into the fold / cult.
5. Rumour has it that Sting has signed with the WWE. Why? It feels like it’s too little too late, no? He’s old, wrestles with a t-shirt on and has been beaten by EC3 and other WWE cast-offs.
4. Naomi. She is the real deal. Naomi vs. AJ and then Naomi taking off as pretty much the only female wrestler on the roster not named Tamina Snuka. Then after so ass-kicking they can remove the “Divas” championship and bring back the “Woman’s” title.
3. Dolph Ziggler is the real deal. He needs to emulate Shawn Michaels and please, lose that pink hair! He is the other guy I would pay to watch live because he works his butt off and takes all the bumps. He’s a main eventer!
2. So is Danial Bryan if they would let him go… and so is Cody Rhodes!
1. I appreciate that MVP has come in to save TNA / Impact but we’ve seen this gimmick before and it didn’t work. I hope this doesn’t bust like the Shockmaster, but I hope it helps generate more interest and keeps the product alive. TNA / Impact is NOT the WWE. Never will be, but old WWE stars need somewhere to go
Honourable mention to the camerawork in the WWE. They have got to STOP the in-and-out camera work. It’s frustrating, annoying and makes it hard to watch the action!