I’m working in the Starbucks this morning and I cannot help but overhear the discussion behind me because the couple are really loud and seem to forget that they are sitting in a Starbucks. At first, I thought they were breaking up, then I thought they were hooking up, but now I really have no idea what is going on and, to be honest, neither do they!
Here are some highlights of this loud and public conversation;
- Oh, you’re taking advice from him? Of all the guys I’ve wanted to beat up for looking at you, he is at the top of my list.
- You’re dressed like you run drugs
- Look at yourself… Don’t you have any shame?
- I’ve gotten over you twice.
- I’m going up north for a week of total partying. Nothing else. You’re not invited.
- Between last week and this week I made a lot of plans with people and they all fell through so I need to make plans about how to make better plans so they won’t fall through.
Then his side gets kind of weird and awkward…
- These plans that fell through messed up my son, because, he needs to nap and stuff… He overheated, had sand in his ass and stuff
- My son hates water ever since I pulled his feet out from under him and he went under the water… He hated that.
- He won’t even bathe.
- He must have a red ass, or stuff that he doesn’t want cleaned.
- He’s cried in the bath every time for months…
Since he did most of the talking…
- We should go dancing!
- Oh, I hope he’s okay.
- You’re not supposed to do that to kids
- You have to clean him up
- Where will he be while you are partying?
- Can I come with instead?
- I’m not running drugs. I’m not a whore. I like the way I look. Look at you? You’re in a Starbucks looking like that… Eww.
- Oh yeah?
- Can we get out of here?
And off they went… Together.
The guys at the table beside me started to clap and said that would make for a great soap opera.
I’m more concerned that this father thought it was a good idea to pull out his kids feet from him while the kid was standing in the bathtub. He was trying to explain to the girl that he tried pushing the kid down to the seating position but the kid is really strong. He wanted him to sit and this was the only way… Sure, he could have smashed the kids face into the side of the tub, or worse give the kid a complex / fear of the water having almost drown. But this kid is dirty, red and smelly and the dad needs to start again and get this kid into the tub before the kid grows up afraid of the water because his dad is a partying moron…
What have you guys overheard in public space before?