In honour of the sweeping in of a “new era” in Canadian politics with the election of a majority Liberal government led by self-proclaimed “feminist” Justin Trudeau, I asked my children for their thoughts, and now, 4-years-later, as the Federal election creeps up, I have asked them again for their thoughts about JT.
Here are the 13 things my children have said or learned during the last 3 1/2 years;
13. He’s Just Not Ready – and he’s still not ready
12. Justin was born on December 25th (My oldest is a late December child)
11. He looks REALLY young, especially considering him and I are the same age! In fact, my son thought he was 25-years-old and that my first pet was a dinosaur!
10. The Liberals under JT are going to spend, spend, spend, and then to pay for all that spending, are going to have to raise taxes on everyone! Now our taxes are so high we’re going to have to spend less money on everything so we can afford to live in Canada.
9. Justin walks a LOT. In his original campaign ads he walked up a down escalator, and he walked on roads and in fields. As PM, he jogged into pictures, thus my kids have concluded that JT loves the camera, and as PM, he’ll walk everywhere where there is a camera to be seen!
8. People really didn’t want him or Mulcair in office because both parties want to spend, spend, spend and then tax, tax, tax, but they really didn’t want Harper there even more because his hair has not moved in 10-years as Prime Minister and nobody likes that. Trudeau was the only choice because he’s young so he’ll be able to use computers better and he knows what Millennial are.
7. As soon as JT tells the United States that Canada is not going to fight ISIS, the US is no longer going to protect Canada.
6. Also, since Canada wants to find out why ISIS are so angry, it means more ISIS members are going to come to Canada and hide here. JT said he would not revoke their citizenship, so they are safe.
5. He taught drama, and now he’ll be bringing the drama to the rest of the world. He won’t give boring speeches, because of his background, he’ll be able to act a bit, use different voices, and be dramatic. In fact, the kids wanted to know how it would look in Question Period – so I showed them a session from last week… They were extremely unimpressed when he refused to answer any questions yet pranced around like he was on stage in a play. (I believe my son said, “once a drama teacher, always a drama teacher”).
4. I love my children, when they are able to conclude this; “It’s only 4-years, then we can elect a Conservative government to fix everything the Liberals screw up.”
3. He should not be allowed to speak without having a speech writer because when he has to think on the fly he pauses a lot to think of what the right thing to say is, and that makes him look dumb. So that makes Canada look dumb. He has said “um” more times in the last few minutes than I have said in my entire life.
2. This was a great comment too; “Dad, if he considers himself to be a feminist, doesn’t that mean he “likes” women? If so, why did he force that lawyer to lie, and then when she refused, he threw her under the bus and kicked her out of his party? That’s not how you treat your team members, especially the women…”
and number 1. Do you know how to tell when Justin Trudeau is lying? He opens his mouth. I don’t trust that guy at all. He never learned. He fired women, he increased taxes, lied, and the only thing he did was legalize pot. That’s not such a great accomplishment…