Today is Thursday, which means it’s a very good time to create a Thursday Thirteen post – and the topic this week is 13 facts about The Urban Daddy.
- I’ve been writing this blog since 2004. That makes for a very old blog, eh?
I have written 1,434 Blog posts for The Urban Daddy
I have a tax blog -for my real job – called inTAXicating, which I started in early 2008 and I have written 369 Canadian Tax posts for that site.
10. I used to work in the Federal Government, in the Canada Revenue Agency, for almost 11-years before resigning to take a managerial position in the private sector. The change was long overdue.
9. In the CRA, I collected taxes, trained employees, took 3-years of my accounting designation and then completed my MBA.
8. I don’t play many online games – after my wife freed me from my Cityville addition – I only play Tap Baseball, Clash of Clans and Tiny Tower Vegas.
7. I live near one of the most affluent neighbourhoods, in the largest city in Canada – the 5th largest in North America, Toronto
6. I ran for student council president of my university only to lose to some guy named Jian Ghomeshi It was a half-assed attempt, but fun nonetheless. I vaguely remember meeting him and his campaign manager in the main hall and one, or both of them, telling me that they were going to tear down my campaign posters and threatened me about something. I was wearing my cowboy boots (don’t judge me) at the time, and with them stood about 6 foot 2. I was NOT intimidated.
5. I’m fiscally conservative but hate guns, racism and drugs. I love common sense, saving money, and being upfront and honest.
- I’m a rule follower. Clear your sidewalks. Don’t throw snow in the street. Don’t disrupt others. Live and let live.
3. I’m learning as I get older things I should have learned much younger. Foods, anxiety, ADD, how to treat those you love…
2. I love being a Dad. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Love attending events and being there for the kids. Something I either didn’t have or don’t remember. It was a different time back then, but still.
1. I ran a left-handed students association at my university – the school gave us an office, and money to find areas where lefties were being discriminated against. Our main beef was that some of the largest lecture halls had no left-handed desks, or if they did, the desks were on the far-left side of the lecture hall. Not cool if you’re vision sucks like mine does.
Now it’s your turn.
What are 13 facts about you that make you who you are?
Urban Twin Mummy… You have a week. Get started. 🙂