WWE announced the following: Jerry Lawler arrested, suspended MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn. According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor. […]
Did you know that June 15th is National Lobster Day in the United States and possibly in Canada as well?!?
I certainly did not know that until an email came into my inbox entitled “How To Eat A Lobster”, from Executive Chef Seth Levine (Hotel Chantelle, Penthouse808 at Ravel Hotel and The Regal).
Coincidentally, Hotel Chantelle, Penthouse808 and The Regal each just re-launched their own Lobster Bakes held weekly each Wednesday – which includes 1 whole lobster, steamed little neck clams, baked red russet potatoes and farm fresh corn on the cob for a prix-fixe price (price varies among venues).
The Lobster Bakes will be taking place throughout the duration of summer.
Executive Chef Seth Levine’s Tips on How To Eat A Lobster:
- The easiest way to break down a lobster is by bending its joints backwards or twisting it out of its joints. This technique can be done with every movable part of the lobster.
- Skewer the lobster tail before cooking to keep it straight when cooking. It is easier to extract the tail meat when it’s cooked straight rather than when it’s curled.
- The leg meat is very sweet. After breaking them at their joints, eat them each like an artichoke. Hold one end with your teeth and pull the leg shells down with your fingers. Another sweet secret morsel of meat is in the tail fins- eat those similar to an artichoke as well.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, the green lobster liver is a delicacy also known as tomalley, and has some of the best flavor. Give it a try. Female lobsters may have a roe sack which turns bright red after cooking. Again, it is super flavorful and lobster lovers already know to dive right in.
- The knuckles take the most time to fish out the meat, but they are well worth it. Depending on how hard the shell is on your lobster, using crackers and a lobster pick are always your best tools of choice. The knuckles have very sharp spikes or points, so doing this with your hands can be dangerous. This is where most people end up cutting themselves when deconstructing a lobster.
- Lastly, the lobster body has hidden crevices all over. This takes the most time and effort to find them all. With smaller lobsters, the time and effort may not be worth it but on larger lobsters where the legs meet the body, you will find some delicious meat.
Enjoy your lobster on the 15th – and onward – and remember, it’s better to eat a lobster than to be in the sun without sun protection and look like a lobster.
I came across this blog post while browsing WordPress.com’s list of the most recent blog posts, and while not a woman, but very much over the age of 30, I was curious.
This post is brilliant!
I’m re-blogging it because everybody should see it and share it.
Here is the original post:
This morning, as I was perusing my Facebook timeline, I happened upon an article that a lovely friend shared. It was entitled “24 Things Women Should Stop Wearing After Age 30”, and it …
Forget another tie. or cufflinks, or a gift card this Father’s Day and give your father one of these cool gifts instead from a local Toronto art gallery named Struck Contemporary Art Gallery, located at 571 Adelaide Street East.
From Batman to Breaking Bad to Star Wars, Struck has got all the pop culture gifts ideas to give any dad bragging rights this father’s day!
I’ve included a couple photos of the Pop Heroes and Breaking Bad collectables, but all the goods can be viewed via their website: struckcontemporary.com, on Instagram: strucktoronto, on Twitter @STRUCKtoronto or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StruckToronto
Examples of items for sale include: