My kids went through a phase where they would yell, “DAILY QUESTION!” and then ask a question out loud and if it was guessed correctly, they would offer a sum of money. It’s pretty much the same premise and Stu Jeffries Thousand Dollar Minute from Boom 97.3FM, which we listen to each and every morning and the kids have tried calling in to.
In honour of my kids constant quest for knowledge, I had them help me compile their own Thursday Thirteen version of “Daily Question” with 13 questions they thought would challenge anyone who dared to take on the quiz!
See how you do!
- Name one of NASA’s Space Shuttles
What City is the Eiffel Tower in?
11. What is another way to write half-past ten
10. What is the longest river in the world?
9. What did Alexander Graham Bell invent?
8. What is the square root of 121?
7. What was the name of the show featuring Jessie, DJ, Joey and an annoying neighbour named Kimmy Gibbler?
6. Name the 2 hockey teams which failed in Atlanta, Georgia?
5. What is older? Betty White or the invention of the refrigerator?
4. 5 multiplied by 3, take away 7, all squared equals?
3. What is the name of the character in the cartoon “Peanuts” who carries a blanket, sucks his thumb and is really smart?
2. What does “M.A.S.H” stand for from the classic TV show of the same name?
1. The Toronto Raptors are in the NBA playoffs again this year (YAY!). Their slogan is “We The North”. Which other US cities which have basketball teams are further north than Toronto?
Hint: There are 3
How did you do?