It’s finally Friday! Yay. A long week which saw me pick up a nasty bug from either one of my kids or from a client then a 4:15am bedtime followed by a 2:30am bedtime the following night. I was, of course, in the kitchen by 6:45am both mornings – as always if I’m not running (or I’d be up at 5:30am) to get the kids breakfasts and lunches ready.
I feel like today my brain turned back on, and I had a little jump back in my step (and was keeping all my food down!)
But enough about me…
It’s WTF Friday! That means I get to talk to about shit on my mind in this NSFW post, like;
1) If NASA can put a fucking camera on a comet, and the damn thing Tweets, why do I spend so much time and get so frustrated having to unwind my headset each and every time I try to use it! Maybe Apple should task NASA with finding a solution.
2) Is it considered “getting help” if I take the advice of the fortune in a fortune cookie? I want to write those! It would be fun. Instead of cryptic texts with random “lucky” numbers, mine would be encouraging, positive and shaming at the same time.
“If you clean your room you might get screen time.”
“Your parents really do know what’s best for you.”
“Stop annoying your brother / sister. One day they’ll be bigger than you and kick your ass.”
“If you see brown on the floor. Pick it up, but smell it first. That chocolate chip might be poo.”
3) Anyone else notice that the idiot drivers who are regularly driving 20km/h under the speed limit never stop at stop signs. Why break only one traffic violation when you can break them all.
4) Is it too much to expect the elected officials in this city to turn on their brains – think outside the box and see that the city needs more dedicated left-turn and right-turn / bus lanes. So when a new development wants to build 10 stories on a corner and the official plan allows for 6 stories instead of giving in the planners need to start conceding height but making the developer cut back the size of the property to allow for the road to be made wider, and then they get to go higher. City wins, developer wins, residents win.
5) Speaking of developments… Anyone here in Toronto try driving on Eglinton Avenue anywhere where the LRT / subway is being “constructed”? If so, I feel bad for you. It’s been an absolute nightmare getting out to Eglinton near Allen Road because the exits to Eglinton are blocked / closed / one way, and with all the cars getting off of Eglinton and using the side streets, it makes for an interesting 5 or 6 more years. GAG.
6) Did I mention that my coffee maker died? The lights were on but nobody was home. Turns out the heating fuse burned out. Not bad after 10-years and for $19.99 from Canadian Tire. But this crushed me! I really wanted a Keurig or a Tassimo but I promised my wife I would win one, or be given one because she knows that the second I get one it’ll be all coffee, all the time! In the interim, I’ve been using my French press and borrowed one from my sister.
7) The day after my coffee maker died, my all-in-one desktop computer started smoking and died. I’ve been a little gun-shy since.
So there is my bitching for the end of a Friday.