I was about to have another boring lunch that I threw together this morning because there were no leftovers in the fridge when I took stock of the food I grabbed. A barely ripe banana, a nectarine, a bowl or raw veggies and a peanut butter and jam sandwich on whole wheat bread in which the peanut butter is 100% peanuts. No additives or preservatives.
Hmmmmm, I thought to myself… Peanut butter and banana. What a great sandwich idea.
Then I thought about other great combinations I have eaten in the past on more than one occasion.
So here they are. Sit back, lock the fridge, throw away the scale and get ready for the list of lists. I will tell you that number one goes something like this; “Hey, you got you _____ in my ________!”
13. Peanut butter and banana – sandwich.
12. Peanut butter and honey – sandwich too
11. Grilled cheese with ketchup – fantastic!
10. French toast covered in sour cream. The only way to eat french toast is smothered in sour cream.
9. French fries and Strawberry milk shake. Don’t ask…
8. Kraft dinner and ketchup (and pepper).
7. Everything at a salad bar thrown together, covered in cheese, bacon bits and covered in creamy salad dressing.
6. Bacon and Smoked Salmon for breakfast. Yes it’s a lot of salt but it’s sooooo good.
5. Anything I can find in the fridge tossed in a frying pan, fried up, covered in eggs, topped with cheese.
4. Beef hotdogs with sauerkraut and ketchup. The only way to enjoy a dog!
3. Fresh orange juice – with pulp – and Coke. Sure it turns a vomit green and the pulp floats to the top like dead fish in the sea but it tastes fantastic!
2. Chili with chocolate. Decadent.
1. Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Any time, any day. And the commercials for Reese’s peanut butter cups is a classic!
I asked my Dad-network for some suggestions last night and I got some pretty weird stuff. The one I heard that I would like to try is apple and havarti cheese. That sounds great. I was going to add escargots and anything on this list – I had them the other night in a cognac sauce over a portobella mushroom and it was decadent, but not entirely strange for some people.
What is your favourite or oddest food combination(s)?