The weather was incredible for this past long-weekend up here in Canada, eh?
We pushed 40 degrees celsius here in Toronto with the humidity which for you US folks is 104 fahrenheit. For most of the 3 days there was not a cloud to be seen.
Aside from almost getting myself and 4 children sandwiched between a parked car and an empty car reversing out of a parking spot by itself. the weekend was fantastic.
Here is why, followed by “What to Expect” for this upcoming week.
1) Fresh fruit and vegetable picking at Whitamore’s Farms netted us some green peas, red potatoes, raspberries and strawberries. The sucked back the raspberries before we got home because they were the first crop of the year and so very yummy.
2) Sunday was our 11th wedding anniversary. Steel for those of you playing along at home.
3) Sunday was also Canada’s 145th birthday and the highlight was my 3 kids in their Canada t-shirts marching through the house waving Canadian flags and singing “Happy Birthday Canada” at the top of their lungs.
3) We had friends over each day to hang out, BBQ with and chill out with.
4) Bought a big boy bike for Linus whom I will teach to ride without training wheels in July.
5) Bought a tricycle for Berry who, once she got the hang of it, was having a great time.
6) Did a lot of cleaning and getting things done. Our garbage can is over-flowing as is the recycling bin.
7) Had a fight with the family of raccoons living on my neighbours roof. As the weekend went on whenever they saw me and the jet feature on the hose they ran like hell. See, they are really smart. This family of 6 are out all times of day and night, their poo is everywhere, they scare my kids, and we cannot use our beautiful backyard patio set. Today I get even, hiring a raccoon exterminater because in Toronto you cannot harm the poor things and our green bin program (wet waste – food scraps) is feeding these vile breeding machines.
And the week ahead looks something like this;
- Another sponsored post upcoming on In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) aimed at our friends in Alberta. This would be my 4th post on this topic.
- An exciting giveaway from the great folks at What to Expect When you’re Expecting.
- Some insight into Community television, specifically Rogers Cable 10 and what they offer for the general public and Daddy bloggers like me, to allow us to take our talents to the television screen… For free.
- And of course some funny comments from the Urban Daddy clan including freckles to eat. Yum.
So please, stay tuned and take a moment to post what you did this fine weekend. Remember it’s also the best way to attract new readers to your blog.
Also remember if you follow my blog on Twitter @urbandaddyblog or on Facebook (the link is on the right side of my blog – click through if reading this through a reader) and you get all kinds of great stuff casual readers do not get to see…
I’m just saying!