It’s Monday. Man that weekend went so fast! With kids programs, and putting together all the Ikea shelving we bought last week, there was no time to rest, relax or blog.
There is so much to catch up on, I don’t even know where to start. So I’ll start with bullet points and expand where necessary;
- So Libya killed Gaddafi and the new rulers, propped up by many nations around the world, are bringing in Islamic rule, Sharia law into Libya. Not good for the Christians or Jews there. Already the new government is booting out the Jewish residents and denying any changes to the Synagogue in Tripoli. Can you say Nazi Germany??? My wife and I have been in Poland where Hitler did the same and used the Synagogues as horse stables. How nice…
- Did they really need to kill Gaddafi? They had him, his was begging to live. I think having him alive to see the citizens he tortured taking his possessions is enough torture, no?
- So after having what I thought was a terrible karate class, Linus was rewarded with a stripe. Now he only needs one more and he can grade for his green belt. All this is moot because he hates the classes – they are slow and he loves playing around and being goofy – and he really only uses his correct techniques when punching his brother at home. If he displayed that same form and intensity in class he’d be on his purple belt!
- Stewie on the other hand, who just turned 5, was moved up to the yellow belt class with kids 6 years old plus. He’s not developing in the lower class and unlike distracted Linus, Stewie is VERY focussed and wants to move up… NOW! They’ll be in the same class by January.
- On the cute front was watching Linus and Stewie teaching Berry karate. Seeing her making the moves and yelling Key-yi was hilarious.
- Speaking of Berry… She’s potty training. Thank goodness. Sure, she’s not 2-year-old until the end of next month, but we bought her Hello Kitty panties and to wear them she has to sit on the potty. I hope all this potty sitting translates into no diapers. I’m getting tired of the cloth diapers – the diaper wraps are showing their age. But a huge thank you to Comfy Cotton in Markham for getting my kids potty trained at 2 1/2 and 3 1/4. Let’s see how quickly the girl gets moving. I know having a cold wet diaper next to their bottoms was the major reason for the push.
- On the weekend along with karate, the kids helped me take down the Sukkah. Which kids? Linus and Berry, of course. Linus shlepped the heavy metal brackets from the backyard to the storage under the front steps while Berry helped him sweep the leaves off the patio. Linus was awesome. Such a big boy. And no, the gate was not open enough for our neighbour to see it and threaten to “sue” us. He was out with family.
- I let the boys put up the Halloween decorations this year. I looked and they did an awesome job. They said we need more decorations and I think because a neighbour has 30 life-sized zombies on his front lawn. His house gets converted into a cemetery and compared to that, our house does suck.
- I signed up to play ball hockey this winter. I received a call from the captain and he seemed interested but has not called back to give me the details of the first game. I know the team name and where the games are played, however. I wonder if he was having second thoughts after finding out I was 40?!? I didn’t mention to him that in 20 years of playing my team has won 4 league championships and more recently, the teams I have joined have gone from giving up more than 5 goals a game to less that 3 goals per game and in those games I’m playing even strength, power play and penalty killing. I join the rush and am a plus-player. Oh, well. This Thursday is the first game and my wife and I have theatre tickets.
- Thinking I had free time, I have proven it is impossible for me to say “no”, by joining the Boy Scouts to be a leader in my son, Linus’ Beaver troop. It’s Wednesday nights, and after being there for one meeting I felt they needed additional support to keep the kids in line. 20 kids aged 5, 6, or 7 can be crazy. Plus I was a Beaver, Cub, Scout and Venturer… I signed the application form and it needs to be sent for reference checks and a police check and then I’ll be good to go. My Dad was my leader and he would be so proud of seeing Linus in Scouting. Oddly enough, Stewie does NOT want to join Beavers as he doesn’t want to “wear a costume”. OY.
- Visit number one to the Holistic Naturalpathic Doctor resulted in me now taking a crap-load of supplements. I have 5 bottles with drops, one bottle of seaweed pills, and 4 other pills. The good part about them is that the Glyco Support is keeping my blood sugar at a constant level and I feel great all day. No ups and downs. My temper is in control and I don’t cry watching Grey’s Anatomy. The most difficult challenge for me, however is going to be getting more sleep and eating the diet she wants me to eat for my blood type, which I found out was A+. No beef, no dairy, no wheat, no coffee… I know I’ll lose weight but I don’t know how much of this I can pull off.
- So karate, swimming, Beavers… No wonder we spend all weekend cleaning and resting instead of heading out to do stuff as a family.
- So I was up until almost 1am last night organizing toys in the basement, putting them in the correct bins. Care to guess how long it will take before stuff winds up in the wrong bins??? That drives me crazy! I’ll bet they’re in disarry right now!
- I saw that 26 members of the Toronto lingerie league football team have left the team as a result of bad coaching and “poor equipment”. I have not paid attention to this league because I don’t get football, but these athletes are playing in a bra and panties, no? So if that’s what you signed up for, how can you complain about the equipment? I understand the helmets are hockey helmets and not football helmets. If they are that concenred about safety, then the league needs to get these girls elbow and knee pads too. If it’s supposed to be real football, make it safe. Leave the wardrobe malfunctions to attract the audiences, but keep the girls safe.
- Under the category of EWWWWW; I am always after my boys to not pick their noses and then put their fingers in their mouthes. Tons of kids do it and it’s gross. This past Sunday at karate took the cake as a girl sitting beside Linus picked her nose, then immediately sucked it off her finger. Then went to the next nostril, and into the mouth. But what made it super-ewww, was when she wiped her nose with the back of her hand, then I had the “pleasure” of watching her see there was nose-stuff on her hand, and then see her lick it all off the back of her hand. UGH. Sorry. Had to share!
- I hate, hate, hate that when I’m trying to put gas into my car, the #$%^&^% machine tells me “pump is ready” and stupid me clicks the handle and it’s not ready. It’s never ready. Why can’t the message wait 2 seconds then say it’s ready when it’s actually ready… Drives me crazy!
- And finally, have you ever noticed that replacing cash with debit cards, and credit cards, etc. was intended to make it “easier” for us to pay for things, but it’s not! With PIN’s and chips, swiping and passwords, you now need a friggin computer science degree to pay for a loaf of bread. Cash please!