I’ve got a lot of stuff on my mind and since I’m all over the place I thought instead of making a bunch of smaller posts, I would toss them all in here together and let you, the reader, enjoy this free for all consisting mainly of parenting and politics.
- Why are there not special road police who can drive around all day on city streets and highways and whose sole job it is to locate the really stupid drivers, pull them over, ticket the crap out of them and force them to be re-tested. I’ve seen enough cars crossing solid lines, racing through red lights, trying to drive when there are people on the cross-walk, and ignoring stop signs. Forget ticketing the guy going 8 over the speed limit, or the family that parked for an extra minute for longer than the parking slips says… Help make the streets safer by removing those incapable of driving. It is a privilege, not a right.
- Do advertisers think that men are stupid? Do they think that when we see a commercial for razors and in that commercial men are pulled on the street, or in a mall, or somewhere else and asked to shave on the spot that for even a second we believe that is real? I mean, come on… You take a clean shaven guy with perfect skin, apply shaving cream to him and with your 6, 7 or 8 bladed razor pretend to have him shave on the spot. For all I know there is no blade in the razor. Who buys that crap? It’s insulting. I would never buy a razor that way…
- Prince Charles has been heir to the British throne a record 59 years – since he was 3 years old… Damn. His mom, the Queen, is 85 years old. Her mother lived to 101. Good luck, Chuck…
- Where is George Smitherman’s donor list??? This may be insignificant to most now that the Toronto Mayoral elections are over, but since Georgie came from Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty’s cabinet, I think this tells a huge tale about who donated to George’s campaign, and the integrity of the Liberal party in Ontario.
- Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff is again talking about a coalition. I honestly feel he’s just trying to find a way to get elected, not matter what cost. Vote for him and he can be PM, vote for anyone else and her forms a coalition and gets to be PM. I guess his plan blows up in his face if the NDP pass them, eh? I think Iggy’s going to regret telling Jack Layton on the English debate to essentially keep quiet as the NDP have never and will never be the official opposition, let along the ruling government… Oops.
- I also think that NDP leader Jack Layton is now trying to bring the NDP to runner-up this election. He has turned his campaigns focus from trashing the Conservatives towards trashing the Liberals… I mean, really Jack? So what if Iggy only made it into work for 30% of the votes in the house of commons? Maybe he’s just more popular than you are and had better things to do… But if you need that to move your campaign forward, take it and run. You win Jack, you are there all the time… But I still wouldn’t trust you to run the country into anything but a massive deficit. Unions would be SO proud.
- Bring your travel mug to Starbucks on Saturday April 22nd and get a free cup of tea or coffee… Something about being good for the earth. 🙂 We went, but I forgot my mug.
- I don’t usually bash the Conservatives but I’m going to do it here. For a party that wants to reach out to all the people… Why hold a pub night on the 3rd night of Passover? On Passover the Jewish people do not eat yeast in honour of the fleeing from Egypt where they were slaves (without having time to let their bread rise, so for 40 days and 40 nights they are unleavened bread, called matzoh). Any chance there is beer without yeast? Don’t think so, unless the pub has “He-brew”. Boo GTA Conservatives!
- I find it VERY interesting that Jack Layton and his wife, Olivia Chow, were campaigning in Toronto during the municipal election on behalf of their son – in an attempt to get him elected. Knocking on people’s doors, and essentially selling the family as the package. Too bad Olivia and Jack work in Ottawa.
So Mr. hypocrite can chastise the Libs and Conservatives for not being in parliament to vote, but what about being paid to be in parliament and instead taking your kid around to get him elected. I can’t wait to hear your soundbite on this one, Jack-o. I call bullshit. Hashtag (#) fail, indeed.
- Take Thursday in Toronto, for example. Layton, quickly quipping his way to votes called Stephen Harper a “Commodore 64 in an iPad world” who “thinks an app is something you order before dinner.” I think he’s getting so much play on his jokes and wise ass comments that he thinks its going to get him elected either as Prime Minister straight up or through a coalition. Then we can all watch Happy Jack joke his way through summits and G20’s… Canada’s funny PM. I hope and pray people see through this, however, I guarantee downtown Toronto will embrace his playfulness as a good thing for Canada.
- While eating matzoh yesterday, my 6-year-old, while taking wild crazy bites, managed to get half in his mouth and half on the floor, to which his almost 17-month-old sister seized the moment to show off her talent… She walked over to the pile of cloth diapers while saying “tow-wel” (towel). She grab one of the pile, toddled back over to the offending pile of matzoh crumbs, squatted beside the pile, then proceeded to wipe the floor while she sang “clean up, clean up”… Then she got up and toddled over to the fridge where she proceeded to wipe down the door and handle. LOL. Awesome!
- I’ve decided to change Linus’ name from Linus to NO Linus as all I hear from Stewie is “NO Linus” 30 times a day. He’s changed his name, now its our turn.
- Also decided to start calling Stewie “Goodwill” because with the way he is out growing his clothes and all his “pants” have holes in the knees coupled with the fact he dresses him self – odd matching clothes, different colour socks – my son looks like he got dressed in the Goodwill.
- When Linus was a boy we could keep him busy for an hour in a restaurant by placing him on the floor, or leaning up against the high-chair and he would clip up the clips over and over again, each success was accompanied by the word, “clip!” So as I write this post, my daughter Berry (or Be Be as she has started calling her self) is doing just that. “Clip”.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter Weekend and a wonderful binding Passover.