This Thursday Thirteen represents my list of 13 things I actually will do in 2011 (in no particular order).
13. Decorate our house. This is the 15 year house and unlike the last house, we want to take our time and make it beautiful.
12. Spend more time with my wife – but quality time, not just time sitting in the same room. I always have good intentions, but am slow on the follow through. Wouldn’t you want to spend as much time as possible with your best friend?
11. Enjoy life more – Take time each day to take a deep breath and live a little. I’m going to be 40 soon and I really want to enjoy my life more.
10. Learn tax – Each and every day I need to take a little longer and learn a little more about the field I have now spent 14 years in. In order to continue to succeed, I need to become a master in my own domain, and that means with www.intaxicating.ca
9. Take vocal lessons to learn how to sing – I have the world’s worst voice. I can’t sing and when I talk my voice is scratchy. I want to do more with this voice. Some added confidence will help.
8. Lose 25 pounds – Really lose weight… Long lasting. I’ve done it before when I dropped 50 pounds at the age of 19 and I want to do it again at the age of 39.
7. Build a nice wardrobe – I have no casual clothes. My dress pants have pleats and my blue ones have a hole in the ass (from that #$$%^%$ moth in our closet, I think). I need power clothes!
6. Come clean to myself that I like blogging and being a daddy blogger. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I just need something more advanced than a flip phone my employer gave me.
5. Get into the top 50 on Jedi vs. Sith. I’m currently 58th in the world out of over 6 million players… Nerd!
4. Appear in the newspaper in one of those social scene spreads. I’ve always wanted to since I was a kid, and considering how bad I am at being really social, it would mean to me that I got my shit together and fast.
3. Work at putting my interests and the interests of my family ahead of the interests of others (including strangers).
2. Get organized so I can excel in certain key areas in my life instead of scraping by.
1. Start acting my age! It’s okay to feel young, but not so cool to act it all the time.
What are your resolutions? Have you achieved or broken any yet this year?