An abbreviated Thursday Thirteen for this week will instead be a Thursday 6.
6 Reasons important events occurring this July 1st.
6. The HST comes in effect in Ontario and BC today. Gas is going up 8 cents a liter which meant there was a massive line up last night at pretty much all gas stations all over the city.
5. NHL Free Agency begins today. There is some hope my Toronto Maple Leafs can snatch a respectable free agent that will help the team or they can trade for prospects or picks come trade deadline time.
4. NBA Free Agency begins today so the whole world gets to see where LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Dirk Nowitski, Brad Miller, Paul Pierce, Amare Stoudamire and some other guys wind up. We know Bosh, CB4, is leaving but let’s hope it’s in a sign and trade… Otherwise he may wind up in the Vince Carter club… As a former player fans detest.
And since I’m hearing either James and Bosh to the Bulls, or James and Bosh joining Wade in Miami… The NBA will be interesting from this day forth. Personally… For the sake of the league, I would rather see James go to the Knicks and Bosh and others spread out around the Knick, Nets and 76ers. Let the big markets get the big players.
3. It’s a National holiday! Sure, I’m working tomorrow but before I know it, the weekend will be here. Fantastic!
2. It’s Canada Day!!! Happy Birthday Canada!
1. Of most importance, it’s my wedding anniversary! 9 wonderful years and 3 beautiful children later. Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife!
What are your plans for Canada’s birthday?