Thirteen things my kids have said recently which made me look at them twice, puzzled / surprised or shocked.
13. When my 5-year-old son did not want to eat his dinner and was making a scene, his 3-year-old brother turned to him and said, “You get what you get so don’t get upset”.
12. “I always ask for macaroni and cheese and I never get to eat it!” My 3-year-old diva blurted this out after bursting into tears upon the arrival home from school and smelling the cooking food at the door and concluding it’s not mac and cheese. Apparently he really wanted mac and cheese…
11. “1 more sleep until we go to Starbucks Gramma.”
10. “Hey Grumpy” (what my 3- year-old calls his grandfather)
9. “You won’t remember anyway.” My 5-year-old’s favourite comment to me after we punish him for something…
8. “Baby girl goes home from Christmas with our nanny because they are both not Jewish.” My son trying to ship off our daughter over the holidays…
7. “I love you daddy because some times you let me have treats”
6. “Don’t tell Mummy so she won’t get mad at you.”
5. After spending over a month saying “DA DA. DA DA. DA DA DA DA DA to my 5 month old, so looked at me on Mother’s Day – without her mother around and said, “MA MA… MA MA MA MA MA”
4. In response to the question, “Why did you hit your brother?”, I got back, “Because he was going to hit me first”.
3. 5-year-old Stewie wakes up from bed and comes downstairs around 11:30pm a couple weeks ago and tells me that he could not sleep because he forgot to tell / show me something. This was what he said to me; “Daddy, do you like Mondrian? I’d like my room painted in the Mondrian style… boxes painted black, red and yellow.
2. “Hi Muffin!!!” This is what my kids were yelling at anyone and everyone who were watching them at the Centre Island amusement park on the long weekend. They yelled at staff, spectators and complete strangers.
1. After forcing our nanny to move his smoothie into 3 different glasses my wife stepped in and demanded our three-year-old stop playing games and just drink his smoothie at which point he spun to her and yelled, NO! I make the rules!!!”.
What have your kids said that left you in the same state?