It came to me last night during a conversation with a friend that a lot of people may not know much about me other than the tidbits I choose to share.
Case in point… This friend thought I was “left wing” (shudder).
I tried explaining my views. Then I thought about the image I have been portraying through my posts.
So I thought this Thursday Thirteen could discuss a little about me.
1) I’m right-wing conservative. Always have been, always will be. Not radical / extremist as I hate extremists. They ruin everything. I’m for big business and capitalism. I believe that people have choices to make in their lives and they should live by those choices. If you decide to skip school as a kid and not graduate then you stand a much greater chance of being a drain on the system. Your choice. Don’t make me pay more for your welfare because you thought smoking up and drinking were more important than school. I chose to trudge through school and fight and claw to 2 other degrees, graduate and post-graduate. I don’t need, nor do I want the government to prop me up.
2) I am environmental to the core. Don’t like pollution, waste or what is happening to the planet. I’ll hold “garbage” which can be recycled with me until I can. I feel bad for birds covered in oil from toxic spills and I have boycotted companies for polluting. Geez. I drive a hybrid.
3) I love sports. Prefer playing them, but like watching them too. Hockey, Baseball, basketball and lacrosse. Love them all. Also fiercely patriotic, so that ties in sports-wise.
4) A good time to me involves my family. If I’m doing something I want them with me.
5) I have never taken or been offered drugs and in a sheltered sort of way I judge people who do. Sorry. I just do.
6) I’m ok with my lack of hair but my expanding physique really bugs me to the point that the stress causes me to eat. Stupid, eh? Nothing relaxes me more than a great sweaty workout. I recently hired a personal trainer to help me get through this difficult issue I have with my body.
7) I hate conflict. But if I have to will fight to win in the most ruthless manner. My morals go out the window if I’ve been wronged.
8) I love loud aggressive music. Saliva, STP, Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Disturbed, Theory of a Deadman… The louder the better. But I cannot listen to anything that sounds like my kids banging on pots and pans, nor rap. That shit makes me sick. And no, rap and that horrible lip syncing stuff is not music. Real music dies when sampling begins.
9) I am educated and continue to expand my knowledge on a daily basis. Looking at courses right now.
10) I love gardening. Love it! Also like painting (houses, but not the taping part), enjoyed running (until injured).
11) Hate stupidity. My patience over the years has declined and while I can still hold back I try.
12) I have a wicked temper. I seem to have less and less control of it when it comes to the stupidity of others. I believe it is called speaking up.
13) I am a blogger. As I approach 500 posts on this blog and as I try to re-brand my professional tax blog I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy blogging – way more than “tweeting” – and I can see this expanding for me as more and more people become familiar with my writings (on the tax side, not this one).
There. A little more about me.