Thirteen Questions I’d like to know about my wife…
I posted this in 2006 and after 2 more children, wonder how the answers will have changed. Only time will tell.
1. Whom are you named after? What was she or he like?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why? What options seemed open or closed to you?
3. What did you do for fun as a teenager? As a young adult?
4. What volunteer or paid work have you done? How has it been important to you?
5. What has been important to you as a daughter? A life partner? A mother? As a friend? As a member of a community?
6. Who have been your role models? What about them do you admire?
7. What words of wisdom did your mother/grandmothers/aunts share with you?
8. Who are your favorite cultural heroines? What appeals to you about them?
9. What world and national events have significantly influenced your life?
10. What in your life has brought or given you the greatest satisfaction or fulfillment? Looking back, what would you have done differently? What would you do again?
11. What achievement in my life would bring you greatest joy?
12. What attribute would you like me to help you develop in yourself?
13. What mutual goal would you like us to accomplish?