Thoughts from the past day and a half…
1) New Nanny in town seems OK. Besides being very tired from the long flight in from Hong Kong via Vancouver, she seems like a really nice woman. Still doesn’t help Urban Mummy who feels uber-stressed over this transition so soon into her school year. I know she’d rather be at home taking care of the kids.
2) I found out last night that the blog-famous “Shroom Monkey” is no more. Something to do with a giant vibrator and super-high speeds. Poor girl never saw it coming (pun intended). Sorry to hear that. Her blog will be missed, as will be her entertaining potty mouth and endless stories of sex with rock stars. True or not, this girl belongs on cable TV, or in porn… LOL.
P.S. Laura, you’ll be back!! You know you will.
3) I have a LOT of school work to do and I am TIRED. Not good. And now I find out that the textbook I borrow from a classmate who took this course last semester is the wrong volume and I should have shelled out the $166 (plus tax) for the more recent version. Now my assignment due today is wrong and my presentation one week from today is wrong. Fuck!
4) My son – Happy Boy – is at risk of having his online name changed from the Happy Boy to the Bad Boy. He’s terrible. Throws things, hits, kicks, makes a really goofy face and talks like a baby, doesn’t eat, doesn’t listen… OY… I can’t go on. He used to be such a big boy, now he’s a big baby. The terrible threes are coming. 🙂
5) I just heard a coughing noise, it came from under the table, so I peeked under and a smiling – almost one year old – looked back at me with a big smile and uttered the following words, “Hi Dada”. Giggle. Cute kid.
6) Had a surprise dinner tonight as the Nanny, now referred to as Nanny B made us rice penne with a bolognase sauce (made with faux ground chicken instead of real ground beef/chicken. Had some red wine, tomatoes from my garden and it was super-yummy!
7) Happy Birthday Dr. Andy! You know who you are…