1) Why can the parking police, those glorified meter maids who walk the streets salivating at the thought of giving a dad with 2 young children a ticket because he wants to park closer to the building rather than 3 blocks away, park wherever they want, usually illegally, without getting ticketed themselves. Fucking hypocrites.
2) Will anyone from the Toronto Maple Leafs take on Cam Janssens tonight when the Leafs play the Devils? Janssens, of course, is that superstar winger for New Jersey who plays about three minutes a game and loves to hit skilled players from behind and blindside them, hoping to cause as much injury as possible. If someone does decide to take him on it had better be early, because he plays 2 shifts a game. Mr. Belak… Can you hear me?
3) I’m going to the Leafs game this Saturday night!!! First one this year and I’m taking my wife and her video iPod. Earlier in our marriage it would have bothered me that she would rather walk the halls of the Air Canada Centre (ACC) than watch the game, but now… I’m okay with it. Without that wonderful iPod, my options would be either see 25 minutes of the game and be with her, or, go with a buddy or my sister (the biggest hockey fan I have ever met), and watch it all. In order to spend time with her, I need the marital aid called iPod.
4) On Saturday the family went to Seedy Saturday and bought some funky-assed organic heirloom vegetable seeds. I cannot wait for spring so I can plant them in the garden. Purple and white carrots – green pear shaped tomatoes, odd looking broccoli… This year I let UrbanMummy pick the goods. I think she did a great job and we will see what comes out of the ground!
5) I so want to play hooky and take my family to the zoo. I promised Linus we would go since we missed out seeing the sloths in Costa Rica a few weeks back on our vacation when his brother got really sick.
6) Why wont Stewie sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time??? Doesn’t he know how tired he’s making his Mummy and Daddy? Plus, our respective graduate school courses are falling behind.
7) Speaking of schoolwork… I have a paper due last week, group assignment due Monday, presentation Tuesday, postings to do, then 2 final papers. See, I’m tired already.
8) I noticed that almost no one comments on my blog and I’m okay with that. I get a lot of hits, and my two regular posters are SciFi Dad and the Shroom Monkey. The comments are much appreciated as is the reminder to read their blogs..
Hey, just realized, my wife, who got me into blogging and said I wouldn’t be able to stay with it for more than a month, doesn’t comment – but them again she’s REALLY busy now-a-days, you know, with a couple kids and suffering from sleep deprevation.
I can honestly say that I blog for me, and I really like the comments but I don’t want people to post because they feel obligated. I like the posts from SciFi Dad telling me that I can’t spell (I really can’t) my own screen name correctly. LOL. Makes me howl.
So go read these bloggers. You’ll find them on the right side of my blog in the list of blogs that I read.
9) 12 Days until WrestleMania 23.
10) I wanted to put in the date of the Jays first game this season but their web-site is so screwed up that I couldn’t find it. I want to really vote for those Jays considering the NHL season is almost over and my Toronto Maple Leafs won’t be in the playoffs. This very average team is just the same team that missed the playoffs last year. They are just down one prospect in Bell. I think the day the season ends, Ferguson Jr is gone. This team cannot be expected to compete for anything as long as they have no legitimate scoring besides Mats Sundin. It’s sad. Thank goodness the Raptors are doing so well! Go Raps.
There. I’ve said my piece. I feel better.