Thirteen thoughts on a Thursday by this Urban Daddy:
1. Why does the guy beside me at the office wear cycling gloves indoors? Does he think he looks cool? When I asked him why he is wearing them, in the office, in the heat of the summer, he told me it was because he burned the back of his hands?!? Errr… The gloves leave the back of the hand open. (Scratching head).
2. My periformus is still quite tight but that didn’t stop me from going for a run this morning. 20 minutes this time. And again I had to stop because I had to get ready for work, and not because I was sore or tired. It just takes me so friggin long and hurts so much to stretch it out in the am. I will know when all this running is finally doing something for me when my wife notices I’m getting into a shape that does not resemble a pear. Right now she often wonders why she lost all her baby weight from Linus’ birth but I didn’t.
3. With two weeks plus a day until baby #2’s scheduled arrival, we are still running around like crazy people. Is it not supposed to be easier the second time around?
4. My colleagues Mom sent pears for me. Generally I don’t like pears, but so far I have had one a day. A very kind gift from a very kind person.
5. In my CD player at the office (read: computer CD Rom drive) is some FANTASTIC jazz from the Clayton/Scott Group. This is some great Canadian jazz and I listen to the darn thing at least 4 times during the day. My colleague’s come by to listen too because, as they put it, this music would be heard in a cafe at night. As well, the Scott in the band is my neighbour, their son is my son’s best friend, and he is a real cool cat too. As a metalhead, I endorse their CD’s, and strongly encourage my readers to find their CD’s and pick them up – support Canadian music!!! You wont be disappointed.
6. Some stupid re-upholstery company located in the middle of the Sheppard Centre, with no business cards, no phone number and no clue, managed to convince me to stop and look at their wares. We have a love seat that the cat destroyed which needs to be done and stupidly, I gave them my phone number and in return they promised to call in December when I was prepared to talk about this with them. I was shocked to find out that the next day, they called my house 3 times and were really rude after UrbanMummy told them to never call again. Then they called me at the office. So I stormed out of the office to the mall and ripped them a new one. Can people really be that stupid? Well, see #1. LOL.
7. UrbanMummy and I are taking a first Aid course at Linus’ pre-school tonight. It’s been a while since I was certified as a member of the Boy Scouts. Hope I don’t kill the dummies.
8. I’ve been working on orders for baseball shirts, bowling shirts and denim shirts. I’m slowly surely trying to build up a client base but I think I need to put this stuff on hold, build my network and then bring out the customized goods again. With #2 weeks away, one year left in my MBA and a new job hopefully in the near future, I can’t do everything.
9. Martha Stewart likes listening to Eminem… This news puzzles me because of what it says, and because of the fact it is news.
10. The more I run, the more I think I need to learn more about nutrition and proper stretching and hydration and running in the winter… Then a good tailor for all the new clothes I’ll need when I get my sorry ass in shape.
11. This morning when my son was eating breakfast, his mother jumped into the shower and my son said; “garage door open?”
I replied; “No, the sound you hear is not the garage door opening, it’s mummy in the shower.”
“Mummy shower?” he questioned. I nodded yes.
“Garage door open??” he questioned.
“No”, I said. “Mummy shower.”
“Mummy shower??” he said again, this time puzzled.
“Yes”, I replied again, now puzzled myself.
Then he said “garage door open… Rex”.
Rex, you see, is the handyman who is painting Linus’ big boy room, where his big boy bed resides… Waiting for him.
“Rex, paint. Big boy bed?”, he questioned.
Ahhh… He wants Rex to finish his room so he can sleep in his big boy bed. How cute. Then the doorbell rang. It was Rex. He was here to paint Linus’ room. He did hear Rex coming and he was trying to tell me. He’s not yet 2 but I think he’s going to be a smart cookie like his mummy (hopefully).
12. For those of you who know my wife, the ultra-sexy UrbanMummy, you would understand my following comment. If you turn her sideways and manage to block her obviously pregnant belly, you would have NO idea that she was in her 38th week. She looks friggin awesome. She had her hair done the other day and now she looks even better. A true Yummy Mummy if I’ve ever seen one. She’s been eating healthy, and looking after herself and #2. Good for her.
13. Why does the band name “Supertramp” all of the sudden seem so darn funny??
- Thursday Thirteen – Words that make me snicker in my head (urbandaddy.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thirteen: Parenthood the third time through. Thirteen things I don’t recall the other kids doing (urbandaddy.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thirteen (barefootpreachr.org)
- Thursday Thirteen (barefootpreachr.org)