Thirteen Things to do before the baby is born – ETA October 13, 2006.
1. Set up the bedroom for the impending home birth items as requested by our mid-wives
2. Set up our room for the new addition and move the rocking chair from the Happy Boy’s room to our room so bedtime routine will change before the baby arrives
3. Make sure all the baby supplies are here for the new addition, like the smaller size cloth diapers and diaper wraps. Find the miracle swaddle blanket too.
4. Make sure the EI office is aware that both of us will be in need of their services, and that my employer makes sure to pay me too. Love my job for that reason alone.
5. Go over my weekly procedure with my boss and colleagues for when I’m away for 3 months.
6. Make sure I have a baby-gift for the UrbanMummy as a small token of my appreciation for all the pain and discomfort that this pregnancy would have brought her. I think a little home made something from the Happy Boy would be nice too. 🙂
7. Make sure all the numbers of importance are written down together so I can call whomever I need to, such as Midwives, Moyel (if necessary) Parents, friends, etc.
8. Relax … sit back and enjoy the pseudo-calm that we now have. It will be over soon.
9. Get some sleep before going back to the three-hour schedule.
10. Install the infant car seat into the car
11. Prepare for either a baby-naming (girl) or a bris (boy). List of people to invite, food, etc.
12. Put aside all the infant sleepers and one piece clothes that he/she will live in for the first 3-6 months of his/her life. Make sure they are clean, and organized and in the right place.
13. Pictures, lots of pictures of UrbanMummy and the Happy Boy before, during and after the new baby arrives. Make the schedule inclusive for the Happy Boy and hopefully, he wont want to get rid of the newborn once he realizes the child isn’t leaving.