Have you ever wondered what the top 5 web-site in the world are?And just how are they considered to be the best?
… and for all of us folks who blog or operate websites, have you ever wondered which fonts are the best or most popular?
We I looked into that, and it’s not exactly black and white as it is with a resume, for example, where you use either Arial or Times New Roman, or you’re considered too outside the box by many.
So, I did some research the other day and I liked the way Alexa.com chose the top websites, by the number of other sites that linked the site on theirs.
So here are the top 5 websites in the world and the font they use on their home page.
1. Google.com. Font: Arial.
2. Facebook.com. Font: Tahoma.
3. YouTube.com. Font: Calibri.
4. Yahoo.com. Font: Calibri.
5. Baidu.com. Font: Arial.
Here are some random thoughts that have come across the desk of this daddy blogger;
- I was asked if I wanted my SEO made bigger. I said no figuring this was another penis enlarger spam message, then I recalled that SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Different meaning, same answer… NO.
- I was asked how I would cover puberty with my kids. Simple. Kids, talk to your mother because if I find out, I’ll kill you.
- Occupy groups… It’s over. No one cares. Your credibility went out the window when the unions began speaking for you. Go home before you catch a cold.
- BMW drivers, you still are the absolute worst drivers in the world. Why?
- After getting teased by Java Joes about their yummy Blueberry Pie coffee, it’s no longer available. Why?
- Thank you to Country Style Canada for sending me gift cards. My staff is going to love the treats just before the holidays. Share the wealth!
- Dolph Ziggler = Mr. Perfect. Love it!
- Hollywood Undead, Levitate is an AWESOME song. Find it on YouTube, folks.
- I’m on Klout… So now what? I’m also on Google +… yawn.
- That new song by Korn, Narcissistic Cannibal is also pretty damn good.
- I’m not sure if the Jason Ellis show is still live, on XM41, Faction, but the last 2 days have killed me. The one about the worst songs to have a lap dance to was hilarious, and today’s show revolved around the CEO of Faction and there were 5 questions asked to him, Raw Dawg and Cum Fat and when they got it wrong, there was an electric current zapping their testicles. Oh yes. Hilarious.
- I’m about ready to call myself an expert on the new CRA non-resident regulations. Soon after that it will be FATCA. I think that’s a good thing, if I could find someone to talk to about it…
- You know you’re getting old when: Your kids are looking forward to the snow and you, the parent is dreading it.
- What until I finish my post on food. 2 weeks now: No meat, no wheat, no dairy, no sweets and I feel GREAT!
- The Toronto Maple Leafs won again tonight, 7-1 over the Tampa Bay Lightning. That puts the NHL scoring leaders as this; 1. Phil Kessel. 2. Joffrey Lupol. 2. Claude Gireaux. Amazing!
- I think I’m going to have to add a picture of myself to my blog and come clean. The more I try to stay low-key and blog under the radar, the more it seems I get readers, followers and asked to do stuff like write posts for people… Odd, this blogging thing.
- What’s so wrong with the term “mommy blogger?” I’m a daddy blogger… Daddy… Blogger. I’m not a writer, I’m just a Dad who keeps an online journal. Can someone please explain.
http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/daddy-blogs Look. I’m on the “Circle of Moms” Daddy Blogger list. Cool. I don’t mind being one of the moms. :)
Saturday was a great day in the urban daddy household. Urban Mummy was at the Ontario Science Centre all day for a nutrition seminar, and that meant I got to play full-time Daddy to my own kids for the day.
Originally the plan was a trip to karate for the boys, then meeting my mother and sister for brunch, then to visit my grandmother with the kids, and take them home so the baby could nap… The rest was up in the air.
Unfortunately someone forgot to tell the City of Toronto that it was going to snow so it was near impossible to drive this morning on the slippery unplowed roads, so I told my mothersister to stay home and the plans changed.
Firstly, karate was great!
Stewie got his green advanced belt.
…and Linus got another stripe for his yellow belt.
Special thanks to Elliott @ Supernova for the pics.
After karate we came home and the boys earned 2 cookies by shovaling the neighbours sidewalk and driveway. They worked SO hard.
Then we came inside and while the baby slept for 3 awesome hours, the boys and I played, cleaned, watched some TV, read and had a great time.
At 5pm it was bath time for everyone, I put up the last of the mezuzahs in the upstairs, and UM came home just before 6pm.
Upon seeing her, Berry said, “Mama meh” (Mummy-milk) and in the process of getting her dressed in her PJ’s she fell off the bed backwards on her back / bum. She barely cried, but fell asleep feeding – an exhauting day for her. She was is in her crib for the night by 6:30pm.
The boys ate dinner, then snack and were off to bed by 7:30pm, as UM and I had dinner plans with some friends later tonight – no kids. I can’t wait!
Oddly enough neither boys wanted my wife to leave (not me) and one developed a tummy ache and the other was having nightmares (without having been asleep yet). We managed to get both settled and we left.
Dinner was fantastic as was the company. We had a great time and returned home around 1:30am with a new found understanding as to why you do not google things when playing the game “Headbandz”.
The kids of course we up well before 7 this morning… Oh well…
So there! I not only survived the day with 3 kids – my three kids – but I had a blast.