Thirteen things on my mind today:
1. I think I need a reader to tell me who has new posts and a stat counter to tell me who, if anyone visits, and where they come from.
2. How can I be expected to apply for internal positions at my current employer if experience is needed that I do not have and probably will never get.
3. An older colleague that sits beside me in the office told me upon my return from the washroom that my, “blueberry” was ringing and beeping off the hook.
4. I have Toronto Rock lacrosse season tickets but so far cannot attend the first 2 games… There are only 8 games in the season…
5. I need a fancy header for my “Tuesday Newsday” blog feature (that I have not done in a while, mind you).
6. Make hockey more skilled by removing what they call, “finishing your check”. Popping someone after they have passed the puck or along the boards is a penalty and should be called that way.
7. While I disagree with drug use in sports, remember that these performance enhancing drugs were not illegal at the time these guys were doing it. Was it wrong?!? Damn yes! Illegal, nope. We should pity those that abused it – they will regret it – and despise those that do it from this day forth.
8. Those kids that bring knives to school and those adult that stab people in places other than appendiges should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. When someone gets stabbed in the neck, chest, back… they are being stabbed to kill them, not to send a message and this law should be black and white. Stab in a kill-zone and you go to jail for 15 years. Kill someone and its life. This way we can take the decision making out of the hands of judges and into the hands of doctors.
9. I don’t mind snow, and I have no problems trudging to the office, but it really bugs me when people don’t shoval their walks, or when neighbours shovel their sidewalk in front of their house but can’t take the extra few seconds and shoval a path in front of their neighbours house so people like me don’t have to walk knee-deep in snow on the way to the office / subway.
10. Why can’t I find a good, honest, recruiter / head hunter???
11. After losing 8-0 to the Florida Panthers last night, is it not time for the Toronto Maple Leafs to trade and release absolutely everyone so they can tank the season and get a high draft pick??? Steve Stamkos would be quite the prize for stinking all season…
12. Why is a spelling bee, dog show or poker considered a sport and shown on a sports station??? Golf too, for that matter.
13. The Buffalo Bills are coming to Toronto for eight games over 5 years, 5 will be pre-season games. . Does anybody really care???