As a result of graduate school, Urban Mummy, work, life, and geezzzz… Facebook, I’ve been too busy and way too tired to regularly update this blog!
So this update is going to be a big, conveluted one… Please stay seated for this ride, hang on tight and keep your arms and legs inside the car for safety…
1) Mother’s Day. My job from now on becomes a bit more complicated. I have to get cards for my wife, my mother and my wife’s mother, and for my grandmother from the kids, from myself and my wife (where applicable).
That’s a lot of cards, a lot of gifts and a lot of creativity needed… OY.
But this year, however, UM took on the task of arranging the “Mother’s” gifts and they loved the professional pictures we had taken of our two boys which we gave them in a jazzed-up frame that my talented wife designed.
I told her, after seeing them, that she could sell those frames for $20-$25 a piece. They are magnificant.
But mother’s day was a nice day, and UM got a thoughtful gift from my mother, that being a year’s membership for the Toronto Zoo (parking included)… SWEET.
2. Victoria Day – This day began with a house party at night for us and the kiddies – fun. Saturday we went to the Zoo in the afternoon, showed Linus the Monkeys, Zebras, Tigers, Giraffes, Cheetahs, etc. He told us in the car as we were leaving the parking lot, unprompted, that “I had fun at the zoo today, Mommy/Daddy”. Awww. What was not to have fun there. We saw animals, had great weathr, a nice long walk and a picnic dinner in the park thanks to UM and her yummy pasta salad.
3)Sunday was cold! We continued to prepare the house for Monday’s (Victoria Day) BBQ by painting more of the basement playroom in these great primary colours – red, green and blue, doing some much needed grocery shopping and cleaning for the 4 couples and kids that came over for dinner.
The only downside of this day, was that our neighbours dog chewed holes in the ball that I bought for Linus at the Toronto Raptors basketball game. He liked the ball a LOT. Now it is deflated and has lots of holes in it. He’s pretty upset, but I think he’ll survive.
So after this great long weekend, and getting everything cleaned up for work tomorrow, I found my way to bed just past 1:30am. Of course, I finally layed my head down on the pillow, when I was awaken by Linus who wanted his Mummy (who doesn’t want their mummy at 2am).
I managed to get him back to sleep twice, but he made his way into our bed at 5am and we all slept until 7am.
When I looked over at him, all I thought was… What a cutie!!!
All in all, a great weekend. Had a lot of fun. Weekends are needed like this one that just passed when they are full of other parents and children.
4) Stewie is at the clapping stage. Tries to say “Poo, poo, poo”, said “Mama” once and pulled himself up on the train table. Whew. All this at just 7 months old.
5) I just tried – I HAD to try this – the BK (Burger King) Joe coffee – Turbo of course. This coffee is supposed to have four times the caffeine of regular coffee – made from syrup instead of coffee grinds. So far, sadly, I feel no effect from this strange brew. I’ll have to see what UM says later.
Maybe I’m just imune to the stuff. LOL.
6) Work is undergoing a MASSIVE re-organization in hopes of making more money – the concept unveiled last week looks good in theory, but in reality, more soft skills are going to need to be taught in order to boost employee morale first. I’m not sure they know this yet, but rest assured, they will find this out soon enough.
I’d like to use my MBA knowledge for something! I’m going to speak to senior management, and the director, and see if I can add any value to the discussions we just had as a group. I’m going to put myself out there. If they want to use me as a resource, they can, I’m here to assist, otherwise once again, it will be the organization and myself who lose.
7) I think I still want to see “We Will Rock You”.
8) UM’s birthday is coming up (fast) and I need a great gift suggestion so I can knock her socks off (what, it’s a family blog… ) She has already said “no” to a party. Damn.
9) f you are looking for some great blogs to read, might I suggest my two favourite knocked up ladies, The Cheaty Monkey and The Kids are All Right. The links to their blogs are in my blogroll. They are informative, fun and great parents… So go! Now!!!